I am very rusty with my figure drawing. That’s fine, happy to learn why. Accuracy has always been a problem, so trying to bake in measurements to my process. Loooong way to go.
Should we be making a head unit spacing overlay for each reference? It makes it much easier to do the lay-in. It's tough! I find myself distrusting my measurements because they turn out wrong so often. I struggle to get a consistent head unit length count of my references. How does one get a steadier hand? lol I'm still really enjoying the challenge and I learn a little more every repetition, even if the results are mixed.
This reminds me of that time in the podcast where you shared that it is hard to begin exercising but the reward is phenomenal later. Due to it being painful first, it is a virtue. When drawing, measuring takes a lot of brain power, lots of patience, and concentration. It is not fun, well maybe for certain cultures it can be, but the rewards from measuring are immense. Learning to see your mistakes and investing a good deal of time to the measurement will yield tremendous pleasure when rendering because you can just let it all flow at that point, confident that things are in the right place!
Documenting my own take on a long drawing following Proko’s process. Here‘s the layin of the basic shapes. Happy that I wasn’t that far off with measuring this time. Using plumb lines instead of only triangulation for horizontals really helped.
I have just done this figure drawing of Yoni. I would really apreciate some critique. Thank you! The image is Yoni 249.
Yes, Linear Layin/Anatomical Forms will take me another evening to finish. I see now that, at this moment, I could not do this without Stan's demo. This is impossible without a thorough knowledge of anatomy. Maybe at the end of this year...
I'm going to document my copy of the figure drawing demo in stages, just as laid out by Stan. Here is my linear lay-in. This is a copy of Stan's work. At this point, I can barely keep up with measuring but trying. My laying is very light (in graphite) so I darkened a copy of the photo a bit to try and make it more visible.