In this first project, you’ll draw simple eggs with the first four modeling factors: Form Light, Form Shadow, the Terminator, and Core Shadow.
- Eraser (optional)
- Draw a few egg shapes on a sheet of paper.
- Draw a terminator ellipse on each egg.
(Don't worry about drawing the terminator "correctly", just separate the egg shapes into two halves.)
- Shade one half of each egg with a flat tone.
- Draw a cast shadow for each egg.
(Again, don't worry about getting it right, just estimate it for now.)
- Add a flat tone to the cast shadows.
- Take a photograph of your sketches.
Meet these Challenges
- Before uploading, name your image files correctly. Follow the instructions towards the bottom of this page.
- Use the same flat tone for the form shadow area and for the contour/outline.
- Draw at least 4 eggs.
This project should take 5-15 minutes to complete.
This is not a rendering exercise. Keep it simple: just draw the form light, form shadow, terminator, and cast shadow.