Activity Feed
Here are my thoughts after finally finishing the assignment; 0. Ok, lesson learned. Do Not Use Steel Wire. I thought I'd be saving money by using materials I had on hand however the resulting armature was terrible. Wrapping the wire back up itself was physically tiring & completely ruined my proportions (most notably, the lengths of the thigh & shin make up a difference of over 1cm) I'm basically writing this one off as unusable for the rest of the course. 1st: Switching to Aluminum wire already made a big difference. However, the more flexible material came with it's own challenges. While twisting the wire back up the leg, the foot became deformed in a way I can't easily fix & I found I had to fix the joints more often which I believe also messed up the proportions slightly (One leg is still shorter than the other by about 8mm). The figure still wont stand by itself but still an improvement. 2nd: In an effort to get the limbs to stay proportioned I tried reinforcing this armature with little steel pins. This was definitely a mistake, trying to bend the wire over the limbs & the pins was nightmarishly fiddley, worse was when a previous section would just slide out. Overall the proportions were still off & the figures extra bulk makes posing hard, not worth the extra effort. 3rd: Definitely the best of the bunch, the feet didn't deform as much & the proportions are reasonably accurate.
Write reply...
Drop images here to attach them to the message
Browse the FAQs or our more detailed Documentation. If you still need help or to contact us for any reason, drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Your name