this took longer than expected because in the middle of working on it my tablet suddenly stopped working! I tried to fix it myself but whatever was wrong with it was beyond my skills. So I looked for a repairman in my area and none of them had any Wacom tablet fixing knowledge. so i went to Wacom. They wanted waaay to much to fix ( i could just buy a new one with that kind of money) So i expanded my search and i eventually did find someone who could fix it. in the meantime my brother let me borrow his tablet. so I finally got this done. on to next lesson. Hopefully nothing else happens to me
I had some bad luck with this one. I had one idea of what i wanted to do but it wasnt coming together so I scrapped that. which was about a weeks worth work. Then i switched to a different idea since i thought i could do better with it, which is what i posted. But after working on it for a almost a month the file got corrupted when I got a random power surge. So I had to completely restart. so another few weeks worth of work I got it done finally. I know there are issues with it but I think its time to move on and work on the other assignments before i fall too behind. Maybe I'll come back to it and fix it up. But I did get plenty of time to play around with layer modes :p
Yeah for mine I had like a hundred layers for everything XD They were in corresponding folders though. So I kept it somewhat tidy. I merged all the layers in the folders to make one layer for each subject. I should of picked a simpler reference so I would have more time to push the second part of the assignment. The details took longer than i thought to paint out.
I think i'm a bit late for this but I dont see a due date so I think i'm okay XP It took me longer to finish because the jewlery was pretty complicated. though i did simplify it it did take a couple of tries. But i'm pretty happy with the result. I want to get better at rendering materials and to do it faster. As for layers I'm admittedly pretty messy. This lesson forced me to think about my layers more thoughtfully and put them in a more organized way. I really needed that. On to next lesson!