Proko is a platform built by artists. Our doors are open to creative minds all over the world, so we want to encourage a positive environment where everyone feels welcome. We hope that every new member will review these rules and help us establish a safe, diverse, and fun place to share artwork on the internet.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Let’s start with the good! Here’s how you can contribute positively to the community:
Treat other artists like people - Remember that on the other side of a post or painting, there is a person. It’s very easy to make assumptions about someone online based on miniscule information, strive not to.
Report objectively - Report things because they violate rules, not just because you disagree or dislike it. To report a post, click the 3 dots on the top right of any post and select "Report" in the drop-down menu.
Credit the original artist - When sharing inspiration or doing studies, do the right thing and credit original artists. Do some research when you don’t know off-hand. You’d want the same if someone was referencing your work!
Post to the appropriate category - Refer to individual category rules to understand what belongs in a particular section. If you’re confused, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction!
Comment, vote, and engage - Don’t just post your own work, interacting with your fellow members makes a stronger community.
Be constructive with your criticisms - Read Giving and Receiving Critiques. Give generous and caring feedback and try to lift your fellow artists up.
WHAT SHOULDN'T I POST?
While Proko generally provides a lot of leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these were written. We give our moderation staff full authority to use these as guidelines rather than a comprehensive list. Do not actively look for loopholes.
Content is prohibited if it:
- Is illegal, encourages illegal behavior, or links to illegal resources.
- Is a pornographic photo, video, or animation.
- Encourages or incites violence, or encourages self-harm (see below: A note on self-harm and suicidal ideation)
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Uses Proko to solicit any transaction or gift involving certain goods and services outside of approved topics or profiles
- Is spam
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID DOING?
Beyond prohibited content, we have some guidelines on what sort of behavior is not welcomed. All of the actions below may result in unpleasant consequences like getting warned, or banned. Please avoid:
- Asking for votes or engaging in vote manipulation
- Breaking Proko or doing anything that interferes with normal use of Proko
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
- Posting personal information about other users or strangers
- Being antagonistic, rude, or arguing in bad faith to intentionally upset others
- Asking users to attack, flame or troll others, online or in real life
- Reporting posts based on personal preferences
- Promoting yourself or your products out of context / spamming
- Soliciting artists for free work or extremely underpaid work
- Posting customer support requests (email email@example.com instead)
- Beg or harass other members for upvotes
- “Subtly” suggest that you deserve more upvotes
- Mass downvote another users posts
- Call for other users to vote a particular way
- Petition for votes on your posts from off site users (soliciting twitter, instagram)
- Offer gifts or prizes for votes
Moderators make choices for the health of the community as a whole. They’ll follow along with written rules when possible, but are also allowed to use their own judgment. All calls that are made about what is tolerable in the community are on a case by case basis.
Mods are allowed to take the following actions as they see fit:
- Kindly point you to the rules and guidelines if you are having some trouble
- Warn you that behavior is going to lead to a temporary or permanent ban
- Ban accounts that make egregious violations, or continually repeat poor behavior
- Remove content that is in violation of the rules, or is causing harm in the community
What should I do if I have a problem with another user?
If you disagree with another user, please remember to keep it calm and kind. If you see poor behavior, report issues rather than countering with equally rule breaking actions. Moderators are happy to check out a situation, but remember that it is their discretion if content is inappropriate or not. If two users are being inexplicably awful to each other, both may be removed from the community.
What should I do if I have a problem with a moderator or a moderating decision?
Please escalate to another moderator or administrator. If you’ve been banned and you feel like this was done in mistake, please reach out to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our moderation has been instructed that they do not have to respond to rude or abusive messages. If you take the opportunity to personally insult our staff, they are not required to engage with you further.
If you are absolutely sure that you have not sent an abusive message, be patient. If you haven't received a response in 14 days, you can send a second message to check in.
MODERATION WITHIN CATEGORIES
Individual categories on Proko may have their own rules in addition to the general rules and their own moderators to enforce them. Please pay close attention to these rules, and reach out if you are confused about how to post your work.
A NOTE ON SELF-HARM AND SUICIDAL IDEATION:
If you have animation, art or other content that deals with these subjects, please place them under content warnings and be sensitive to users who may be in a hard place. If the content seems to be in poor taste, or glorification of self harm, it may be removed. If at any point a moderator suspects you may personally be in trouble, they may remove content and try to point you to resources. We are not licenced therapists or trained professionals, we want the community to support you in finding sustainable help.
If you are in trouble, here’s some organizations who are here for you:
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.befrienders.org/ (An international site that includes most countries and languages)
The Trevor Project - https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ 1-866-488-7386
LGBT Youth Support Line - 1-800-850-8078