Here are my attempts at some armatures! I made the first one to be 11.5 inches tall with some wire I already had on hand while I waited for the 14 gauge to be delivered. I believe it was 20 gauge. I feel like this was too tall for this wire and it would have worked better on a 6 inch armature, but the proportions seem pretty good. The second one I made at the same size but with the 14 gauge, and I added an expandable chest and some fingers. The chest is lopsided which I figure is still usable as long as I keep both sides at the same height if a readjust. The third armature is an upper body one with a cranial unit of 2 inches. I made this one with the intention of practicing the second hand building method. It took me a while to get it right because I made my palm loops at the wrong scale originally, and the hands always ended up half size. When I realized this mistake I untwisted the loops, but that made them slightly too big. I tried to use the pliers to reshape them as best I could, and I think they're okay for a first attempt. All in all, lessons were learned for the next time!
Hello everyone! This is my $5 assignment. I used a paperclip and a plastic knife as tools. It was definitely awkward to use but not as bad as I feared. As for the clay, I used some cheap hulk-green plastiline. I found that it was very easy to soften and apply, but that also meant when I held an area too long it got just soft enough that it deformed and I had to avoid tools until it cooled a bit. I'll most likely switch to some monster clay I have for future assignments. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with this. Proportions are wrong and some spots are too pronounced while others are too subtle, but one of my better attempts. Looking forward to learning!