In this 2.5 hour demo, I take you through my whole process of a figure drawing. I describe everything in detail and talk about my thought process as I progress through each stage of the drawing.
- Start with carefully measuring basic shapes to find the proportions and composition.
- From the basic shapes, construct the anatomical forms as we learned in the mannequinization lesson.
- Then prepare for shading by mapping in the shadows.
- Using charcoal powder and a brush, “paint” in the general tonal composition
- With a finely sharpened charcoal pencil shade the tones and details of the figure and background.